MEDAN | INDATANEWS.COM ~ Special investigators from the North Sumatra Prosecutor's Office conducted searches at two offices of the National Land Agency (BPN) in Medan on Thursday, April 9, 2026, as part of an ongoing probe into alleged corruption linked to land acquisition for the Medan–Binjai toll road project.
The investigation centers on Sections I, II, and III of the project, with an estimated value of Rp1.17 trillion.According to Rizaldi, Head of Legal Information at the North Sumatra Prosecutor's Office, the searches were carried out after obtaining authorization from the Corruption Court at the Medan District Court.
"The investigation team searched two locations: the North Sumatra BPN Provincial Office on Jalan Brigjen Katamso and the Medan City Land Office on Jalan STM," Rizaldi said.
Search of Offices and Archives
At the North Sumatra BPN office on Jalan Brigjen Katamso No. 45, Kampung Aur, Medan Maimun District, investigators examined the office of the Head of Land Acquisition and Development, staff workspaces, and archival storage containing relevant documents.Meanwhile, at the Medan City Land Office on Jalan STM, Sitirejo II, Medan Amplas District, multiple rooms were also inspected to secure potential evidence linked to the case.
Rizaldi confirmed that a number of important documents had been confiscated and would be analyzed to determine their relevance to the corruption allegations."If the seized documents are proven to be connected, further legal actions will be taken," he said.

The search operation began at 09:30 a.m. local time, with investigators still on-site gathering additional evidence to strengthen the case.
The case relates to land acquisition for the construction of the 25.441-kilometer Medan–Binjai toll road, which was implemented during the 2016 fiscal year."These measures are aimed at completing and refining the evidentiary process in accordance with applicable legal procedures and operational standards," Rizaldi concluded. (IDNC)
REPORTER: Darmailawati | EDITOR: Fik Sagala